THIS POST GIVES FORMAL NOTICE THAT ‘A’ STATUS CLUBS
ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS FOR
CONSIDERATION BY THE AGM
It is necessary for the Area to have an AGM so that Clubs can approve the Area’s Committee and financial reports for the year April 2019 – March 2020, and approve any proposals submitted by clubs or the SA Committee. Only clubs who are BJA ‘A’ status clubs can make proposals to and vote in the AGM.
Although there have been indications that some public meetings will be allowed with social distancing, the SA Committee does not want to put the health of SA members at risk by holding a physical AGM. So, as previously stated in the website news section, it will be held using email information and responses with Committee reports being posted on the website. The planned date for the meeting was 14 June, but the lockdown and time taken to collate accurate club data has meant a deferral until Sunday 21 June.
How will this work?
1. ‘A’ status Clubs have already been contacted for confirmation of their email address. The Area now has current accurate list of A clubs by counties; the lists have been sent to County Secretaries.
2. Clubs Proposals Deadline : 18.00 on Wednesday 27 May. Clubs can submit proposals for consideration by the AGM; these need to be proposed and seconded by two SA ‘A’ status clubs. As there will not be a chance for the proposer and seconder to offer reasons for their proposal, please include these in bullet points format. A contact email address should also be given so that members can ask for clarification. The SA Committee has no Secretary; please send them to Marion Woodard, SA Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Friday 29 May: the SAC reports, and proposals from the SAC and clubs will be posted on the website.
4. Sunday 31 May: clubs will be emailed links to the SA website. It is not feasible to email clubs with all the attachments, so these will be accessed via the SA website. Included in that email will be a response form listing the reports and proposals for clubs to record if they do / do not accept them.
5. Sunday 31 May to Wednesday 10 June: members can ask authors of proposals or reports for clarification. Authors’ replies will be posted on the website.
6. Sunday 14 June final versions of reports and proposals will be on the website.
7. Sunday 21 June between 09.00 and 21.00 clubs will return their completed forms to Marion Woodard, SA Chair on email@example.com. Replies received outside the 12 hour period will not be included in the vote totals.
8. Tuesday 23 June results of the clubs’ responses will be posted on website and emailed to all clubs.