The Southern Area Committee was formed circa 1960. George Edwards was the first Chairman, followed by Cliff Baker-Brown, Mick Leigh, Barry James, Alan Rickard, Dave Stanley and Marion Woodard now in post.
Aim: To provide an all-embracing Judo service for members of the Southern Area
1. To organise events
2. To provide coaching courses in each category for officials, coaches, players
3. To safeguard and distribute the financial resources allocated by the BJA
4. To represent the Area’s interests nationally and to foster contracts with other Areas and countries.
The Committee comprises a balanced group of experienced judoka who co-operate to implement the outcome of the objectives.
- Chair: Marion Woodard
- Vice Chair: John Malkinson
- Treasurer: To follow
- Secretary: To follow
- Gurnsey: To follow
- Hampshire & IOW: To follow
- Jersey: To follow
- Kent: To follow
- Surrey: To follow
- Sussex: To follow
Disciplinary & Honours
Finance and General Purpose Committee
Promotions and Examiners Committee